Because there is such a high demand for competent truck drivers, the trucking sector in Canada is thriving.
The Canadian government is looking for truck drivers to work in their country, but you must be qualified for the position. Heavy truck driver jobs are becoming increasingly difficult to fill because these drivers can travel across Canada for no additional cost.
The job pays well enough to allow you to live the lifestyle you desire. However, if you have prior experience in the field, you will be able to fit into the position more quickly.
Depending on when you are ready to start working, the position offers a variety of advantages. The government in several Canadian provinces is willing to pay you more for your work.
Long-haul drivers are in high demand in Canada, yet there are only a few openings. If you are a qualified truck driver and meet the other requirements, the Canadian government will grant you a work visa allowing you to work in the nation.
According to data, the demand for long haul truck drivers is expected to climb to 48,000 by 2024. It demonstrates that there are numerous opportunities in this industry for individuals.
In Canada, the workforce in this sector is filled with aged people with an average age of 47 and above. As a result, the country wants younger truck drivers with experience. Normally, long-haul drivers will have to work for 14 days on the road, but there are three days off between each trip.
For instance, if you travel from Regina to Edmonton, then the journey takes you 12 hours, and you will be given an off day to recuperate well. They have over 2,600 vacant positions for truck drivers.
Categories of Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
Truck driver Jobs in Calgary:
This province has an impressive number of skyscrapers and it is a fast development province. It is the country’s oil industry center. As a result of retaining Western culture, it is also known as “Cowtown”. Also, it is an excellent location for truck drivers to work, and some of these truck driver jobs are:
- Combo/Pressure Truck Operator
- Class 3 Garbage Truck Driver
- Truck Driver – Permanent
- Driver Helper
- Recycling Service Driver
Truck driver jobs in Ontario:
Ontario is another province for truck drivers located in the Eastern part of Canada. It shares boundaries with the Great Lake region and the United States. The province had numerous Victorian architecture exhibiting Canadian and indigenous arts. Some of the driver jobs available are:
- Haul Truck Operator
- Shunt truck driver
- Recycling truck driver
- Tractor-trailer truck driver
- Garbage Truck Driver (AZ)
Truck driver jobs in Edmonton:
It is the capital city of Alberta and happens to be the largest province. It is located at the Northern end of which statistics Canada calls the “Calgary-Edmonton Corridor”. They need young and experienced truck drivers. Some truck drivers vacancies are:
- Truck driver
- Seasonal Shutdown Class 3 Driver
- Moving truck driver
- Long haul truck driver
Salaries for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
In Canada, the longer the time you spend traveling from one province to another, the higher your income. In Alberta, truck divers earn $30/hour, and in New Brunswick at $17/hour. Therefore, the annual salary for truck drivers falls between $35,000 to $60,000 for full-time drivers. Let’s see salaries for some Canadian provinces:
- Alberta – $54,195
- British Columbia – $49,725
- Northwest Territories – $52,650
- Ontario $46,940
- Prince Edward Island – $37,986
- Quebec – $46,781
- Saskatchewan – $48,750
Essential Requirements for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
- Language Skills: English or French
- Educational degree: Certificate or Diploma
- Credentials: certificates, courses, licenses, etc.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years
- Specific skills: Perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspection
- Documentation: Driver logbook, maintenance and repair reports, inspection report, etc.
- Security and Safety: Driving record check and Driver’s validity license check.
- Personal Equipment: Safety boots, hard hats, etc.
- Transportation Information: Valid driver’s license
- Physical Capabilities and Working conditions: overtime, repetitive tasks.
- Type of Trucking Equipment: Dump truck and Tractor-trailer
Truck Drivers’ Capabilities
- Goods should be always wrapped
- Respond to any issue that is raised by consumers
- Fix and troubleshoot technical issues that may occur
- Carry out different laboring tasks to assist apprentices, tradespeople, and other employees.
- Overseeing the unloading and loading of products
- Inspecting vehicle’s overall function such as lights, tires, brakes, clutch, etc.
What are the Basic Duties of Truck Drivers?
- Operate business tricks in a manner that matches applicable laws and rules.
- Checking and cleaning the vehicle daily for safety purposes.
- Traveling to the Hub DC and DC within the allocated time.
- Unload and load tires to meet delivery responsibilities.
Application for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
If you consider yourself eligible for the job, then you can go ahead with the job application process to get the job. This is a simple step or guideline to follow that will guarantee you maximum success:
- Click the apply button to take you to the next step
- Endeavor to read the information regarding the job process carefully such as job description, duties, required education, responsibilities, specific skills, experience, hiring company, work settings, work location, etc.
- Click on ‘show how to apply, and it may contain the application link.
- Submit your application and CV to the provided email address
Truck driver jobs are in high demand in Canada for people with the necessary abilities and experience. If you want to go to Canada to make a good living, you can apply to any Canadian province that is hiring truck drivers, and if you are lucky, you will be granted a work visa.