Invitation application is open for Monash University Leadership Scholarship for International Students from all countries who have received an offer from Monash or who are currently enrolled with the university to apply for the Monash International Merit Scholarship. As a scholarship recipient, you will receive $10,000 per annum for the duration of your degree.
The Monash Leaders Scholarships are awarded to applicants that demonstrate leadership and commitment to give back to the community through the Access Monash Mentoring Program, Peer Mentoring or other Monash Leadership Programs.
If you are an international student who has received a Monash undergraduate or postgraduate degree course offer, you may be eligible for this scholarship. Students from all countries are invited to apply.
Monash is a modern, global, research-intensive university, delivering education and research excellence in Australia and across the Indo-Pacific.
We’re making a positive impact on today’s global challenges – whether that’s by mitigating climate change, easing geopolitical insecurity or fostering healthy communities.
About Monash University
Monash University is an Australian public research university. It was established in 1958. Monash University won some unique quality in 2016. Monash University is in top 10% in research in 2016. The outlook of the university to international students is among top 10%.
This university is in top 20% for teaching excellence. And the most attractive thing is, there are more than 500 CEOs of different international organisation who are from Monash University. Not only this, Monash University is the holds the place of maximum research ongoing in Australia.
It is connected with many national and international research organization. Considering overall, Monash University is one of the best choices for students who are about start their higher studies.
There are around 45,000 undergraduate and 8000 graduate students. Among them around 18,000 students of undergraduate scheme are international. The number of international students doing gradate courses are 4,000.
Benefits of Monash University Leadership Scholarship
- 100% course fees paid until the minimum number of points for your degree are completed (excludes OSHC, accommodation and living costs).
- Commencing undergraduate students will be invited to apply for a place in Monash Minds, a leadership program for first-year students.
- Recipients may be asked to participate or be profiled in relevant Monash marketing, recruitment and promotional materials and/or events.
Number of Monash University Leadership Scholarship offered
4 per year
Eligibility Criteria for Monash University Leadership Scholarship
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Intending to enrol full-time in undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- For commencing students, you must have received a Monash offer.
- For current students, you must have completed a minimum of two semesters in Australia
- Current students enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) course must have completed at least three semesters.
- Note: You are not eligible to apply for this scholarship if you:
- Are studying Australian Year 12. You may be eligible for the Sir John Monash Scholarship for Excellence.
- Are commencing in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD). You will need to complete three semesters and apply as a current student.
- Based on academic achievement.
- Students will also be assessed on their scholarship application statement (500 words) and their potential to be an ambassador for Monash University.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70 each semester.
- You will be required to participate in at least three Marketing and/or Scholarship promotional activities. These activities include attendance at official scholarship functions and participating in marketing activities and networking events
How to apply for Monash University Leadership Scholarship
- You must submit a separate application form for this scholarship (due dates below).
- Before applying for this scholarship, you must have received a full Monash course offer with no conditions.
- Can be deferred within the same calendar year only.
- Do not submit supporting documentation with your application – this will not be considered.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.
The Application Deadline for the scholarship is June 30, 2022.