Study in Australia. It’s good news! The Queensland University Law International Scholarships application period is currently open. We will go through the details of this scholarship, its benefits, and the application process in this article.
International students can apply for the Queensland University Law Scholarship 2022-2023, which is partially funded. This award is available for law students pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree. This scholarship covers either 25% or 50% of the law component of a master’s degree programme.
The University of Queensland’s School of Law is offering scholarships to outstanding international students wishing to enroll in coursework master’s programmes in law, such as the Master of Laws (LLM), Master of International Law (MIL), or Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw), or dual degree programmes.
About University of Queensland
The University of Queensland (UQ) is an Australian public research university in Brisbane. UQ is Australia’s fifth oldest university, having been founded in 1909 by the state legislature. UQ is one of Australia’s top universities, as well as one of the most prestigious in the world.
The Scholarship’s goal is to encourage and support academic success among international students starting undergraduate law studies at the University of Queensland.
UQ has three campuses in South East Queensland. Brisbane is the home of UQ’s St Lucia and Herston campuses, and the capital city of Queensland. It has a population of approximately 2.4 million and offers a relaxed and safe lifestyle, subtropical climate and vibrant culture. Brisbane is fast becoming a hub in the Asia–Pacific for business, investment, major events, and education, with World Heritage rainforests, mountain ranges, and beaches on our doorstep.
UQ’s 268,000 graduates are network of global alumni spanning more than 170 countries and include approximately 14,500 PhDs. More than 53,600 current students, including more than 18,600 postgraduate students and approximately 18,000 international students from 134 countries, currently study across UQ’s three campuses in South East Queensland in South East Queensland.
Student type: International
Study level: Undergraduate and Post Graduate
Study area: Law
Scholarship focus: Academic excellence
Scholarship value: 25% or 50% of the laws component of your degree program
Duration: (Undergraduate) Duration of the program; (Postgraduate) Up to three semesters
Number awarded: Undergraduate (2); Postgraduate (4)
Applications open: 1 February 2022
Applications close: 15 May 2022
Queensland University Scholarship provides the recipient:
- Two scholarships are available for undergraduate.
- Four scholarships are on offer; two scholarships covering 50% of the tuition fees and two scholarships covering 25% of the tuition fees for courses undertaken towards the Master of Laws (LLM), Master of International Law (MIL) or Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw) programs.
- The scholarship does not include living expenses, travel expenses, overseas health cover or the Student Services and Amenities fee.
Eligibility Criteria for Queensland University Law International Scholarship
You’re eligible if you:
- You are an International/Foreign student.
- Do not hold another scholarship that the Dean considers to be similar.
- Wish to commence postgraduate law studies at UQ.
- Choose to study one of the following programs:
- Master of Laws Master of International Law (including dual programs)
- Master of International Commercial Law (including dual programs)
How to apply for Queensland University Law International Scholarship
Submit your application online, the form will take at least 20 minutes to complete. You’ll need:
- A copy of your CV
- Academic transcripts
- 2 reference letters.
You’ll also need to tell us about:
- Why you want to study law and what you hope to achieve with it
- Your personal qualities, which may include evidence of leadership potential, community involvement, cultural or sporting achievement or anything else you consider relevant
- Your financial need
- Other scholarships you have applied for.
You can save your progress and resume your application at any time.
- Incomplete or late scholarship applications will not be considered.
- The Scholarship Committee will meet as soon as practicable after the closing date and applicants will be notified of the outcome in writing.
- Any offer of a scholarship is made subject to approval of the candidate’s enrolment in an approved law program at The University of Queensland.
- For queries or assistance please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who are shortlisted for consideration may be required to participate in a Skype interview.
We’ll consider your merit based on:
- Academic achievement
- Your interest in studying and pursuing a career in law
- Any other information you provide that is considered relevant.
Conditions for Scholarship
(1) The award of the scholarship is conditional upon the student enrolling in law program at the University of Queensland.
(2) The recipient may hold the scholarship subject to: (a) maintaining enrolment in law Program; and
(b) not being in receipt of another scholarship considered similar by the Head.
For more information: Visit official website
Related Scholarship: 2022-2023 Honjo International Fully Funded Scholarship