2022/2023 Sciences Po Émile Boutmy Scholarship for International Students is in honor of its founder, Émile Boutmy (1871), who established the Émile Boutmy scholarship to attract exceptional international students from outside the European Union.
As a result, they award this Émile Boutmy Scholarship to exceptional students who meet both Sciences Po’s entrance requirements and specific course requirements.
The extraordinary support of its sponsors (benefactors, corporations, and foundations) ensures that the most deserving overseas students have access to Sciences Po.
Generous sponsors (benefactors, businesses, and foundations) who want to aid Sciences Po’s most deserving international students fund this scholarship.
- First time applicant
- From a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union,
- Admitted to the Undergraduate or Master’s programme.
The following students are not eligible:
- Candidates from Quebec for master’s degree
- Candidates who have dual citizenship, including an EU citizenship
- Swiss and Norwegian applicants, that may be eligible for CROUS scholarships
- Candidates applying via the French graduate admission procedure
- Exchange students
Master’s level dual-degree candidates. Applicants for the dual degrees listed below are eligible:
- Dual degree in Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University
- Dual degree Sciences Po/Fudan University with the concentration Europe-Asia in Global Affairs (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
Applicants must complete each of the following steps:
Create your application
Enter a username (your email address) and password at https://admission.sciencespo.fr/ You will need to activate your account after you have created it on the website. The email containing your activation link may take up to two hours to reach your inbox. For your patience, we thank you.
Do not create several accounts as this may cause issues when your application is processed.
Campus France: If you live in the country covered by the CEF procedure (part of the Campus France programme), please be aware that Sciences Po’s admissions process is not part of the Campus France initiative.
Choose a programme
Begin by deciding on your programme and preferred campus.
Candidates who apply through the international procedure must choose two programmes, one of which must be a dual degree programme (this must be listed as your first choice). Please keep in mind that if you are accepted, you may be assigned to one of the two Sciences Po programmes you picked in your application.
We urge applicants to select their programs/campuses based on their personal and professional goals, interests, and commitment to the Undergraduate College’s educational philosophies, rather than their nationality or residency. It’s also crucial to consider the languages you already know and, if appropriate, the languages you want to learn.
There are several sections to the online application. The “Save changes” button at the bottom of the screen must be used to save each section. This enables you to finish your application in phases.
Please use the email address you entered when creating your application in all interactions with our staff to help us process your application faster.
Request an academic reference
We recommend you start your application by filling out the area for your online reference.
Without an academic reference, your application will be incomplete and will be unassailable. Please keep in mind that you can email your referee a reminder directly from your candidate’s space.
As a candidate, you agree to make certain that your referee’s reference in your Sciences Po application is both honest and correct.
The current reference will not be accepted if there are issues regarding the validity of the reference provided.
When requesting a reference from your referee, please make sure they are aware of this information.
Submit your application online and include all relevant supporting documentation in order to be complete. Should any documents be missing, your application will be deemed incomplete and will not be evaluated.
Upload Required Documents
Build your application with care by paying particular attention to the following items:
- The attached files must be in PDF format and cannot be bigger than 2 Mb. Use free software to compress your PDF documents.
- Name each attached file in English or French (e.g.: Baccalaureate results, CV, transcript…).
- Make sure you do not attach your documents upside down.
- For an easier review, we ask you to scan all three transcripts of each academic year into a single document and in chronological order. You may use free software to aggregate your documents.
- Avoid sending original documents by regular mail
Application fee: €150 (this fee is non-refundable).
They will exclude candidates who can show refugee status from paying the application fee. If this relates to you, please send us an email with a copy of a document confirming your legal position.
Paying the application fee does not automatically submit your application. Don’t forget to click “Submit my application”
Summit your Application
- You must submit your completed application, including all required documents. You will need to have completed all the mandatory fields indicated on each page.
- Avoid late submission, therefore, it is necessary that you submit your application as soon as it is complete.
Once you submit your application, you cannot change it.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will access your candidate space, where you can check the status of your application and verify that your referee has completed his/her form.
In order to advance to the interview round, candidates must exceed the cutoff mark set by Sciences Po.
All selected candidates will be notified by email and invited to a remote interview.
Accepted candidates will get an admissions offer, which will include a placement in one of the two programmes they requested in their application.
We will notify candidates of their admission status via their candidate space and email on the dates stated in the 2021 admissions calendar.
We will not place candidates who are not accepted on a waiting list.
Accepted candidates must accept their offer of admission as soon as workable through their candidate area on the Sciences Po admissions website. This will enable our staff to initiate the administrative and academic procedures required to secure your spot at Sciences Po.
You’ll receive an email from the campus where if you are admitted outlining the steps you’ll need to take as a future Undergraduate College student once you’ve accepted your admissions offer.
The deadline for 2022/2023 Sciences Po Émile Boutmy Scholarship for International Students is below:
- Deadline for Master Programme: 30 November 2021.
- Undergraduate Programme (applicants from foreign secondary schools): 23 February 2022.
- Deadline for Undergraduate Programme (applicants from French secondary schools): mid-June 2022.
They will accept no application requests after the deadline.
For applicants intending to move to USA, it will interest you to know the health insurance available for international students. Read here.