About 2022/2023Türkiye Scholarships for International Students
Apply Now for 2022/2023Türkiye Scholarships for International Students. Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded higher education scholarship programme for international students run by the Republic of Türkiye.
Admittedly, the main goal of Türkiye Scholarships is to provide equitable chances to successful students all around the world so that they can receive a scholarship education that meets international standards.
Altogether, it aims to strengthen bilateral collaboration between Turkey and other nations, as well as to contribute to regional and global growth.
Türkiye has been awarding scholarships to international students and researchers from all over the world for many years. In 2012, Turkey’s higher education scholarship programmes were renamed “Türkiye Scholarships,” and studies were launched under the supervision of the Presidency for Turks Abroad and Related Communities (YTB).
Generally, all institutions, such as YK, Yurt – Kur, General Directorate of Migration Management, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, collaborate on Türkiye Scholarships.
Why Türkiye Scholarships
- Türkiye Scholarships offer international students higher education and a new life experience at the most prestigious Turkish universities, allowing students to gain new perspectives and have a unique educational experience throughout their studies in Turkey. Candidates have the opportunity to select 12 choices in online applications through the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS).
2. Allows you to learn the language of the country study with 1-year Turkish language course. Hence, resources are diversified in your academic research and daily life becomes more pleasurable.
3. Along with, Türkiye Scholarships covers the health insurance of all their international students so that they can benefit from widespread health services in emergencies or other situations. It allows you to take full advantage of widespread health services when necessary with health insurance.
4. Covers tuition fees. While studying at the most prestigious universities at world standards, your university tuition is covered by Türkiye Scholarships.
5. A Monthly Stipend of 1000 TL at undergraduate level, 1.400 TL at post graduate level, and 1.800 TL at doctorate level is deposited regularly each month into the bank account you will open upon your arrival in Turkey.
6. Students who are on scholarships at the undergraduate level can stay in dormitories for the duration of their studies. Dormitory fees are paidby Türkiye Scholarships.
Students at the master’s and doctoral levels have the right to stay in a dormitory for the first year of their studies. It is possible for our graduate students to rent accommodation by receiving 750 TL in housing allowance for the following years.
For students seeking private accommodation, there are several options avaliable, such as renting individual rooms, or renting entire properties through real estate agents or directly from landlords.
Eligibility for Türkiye Scholarships
- Citizens of all countries
- Researchers and academics
- As well as graduates or those who will graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2022)
- Turkish citizens and individuals who have lost Turkish citizenship
- Individuals who are currently in programs at Turkish universities.
Application Criteria for Türkiye Scholarships
Minimum Academic Achievement
- For undergraduate candidates: 70%
- For graduate candidates: 75%
- Candidates of Health Sciences (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy): 90%
- For undergraduate programs: being under the age of 21
- Master’s programs: being under the age of 30
- For PhD programs: being under the age of 35
- For Research Scholarship: being under the age of 45
Application Period for Türkiye Scholarships
- Application Period – January 10 – February 20
- Evaluation Process – March–April-May
- Interview Period – June – July
- Announcement of Results – Early August
Steps to Apply for Türkiye Scholarships
To apply now for 2022/2023Türkiye Scholarships for International Students, you need to take this 5 steps:
- Create your personal account on the Türkiye Scholarships Application System. Click here to create an account.
- Upload all required documents. Importantly, it will also be beneficial to include your extracurricular activities and achievements.
- List your dream university and programme preferences
- Write an original letter of intent explaining your preferences, expectations and goals for the future.
- After reviewing all the stages and documents, approve your application.
Documents for 2022/2023Türkiye Scholarships for International Students application
Generally, all applications made online through the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS), all candidates must upload the following documents to the system:
- A valid identity document, ID card or passport
- A photograph of the candidate
- National exam results (if any)
- Diploma or temporary graduation certificate
- International exam results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.) if required by the chosen university or program
- International language test results (TOEFL, DELF) if required by the chosen university or program
- A proposal for a research topic and a written example of the research you have carried out (only for PhD applications)
On the whole, candidates selected from more than 100 countries in the final list are evaluated by interview committees consisting of academics and experts.
Importantly, the interview, which usually lasts 15-30 minutes, takes place in the following format:
- Welcome and entrance
- Check of documents
- Purpose of the candidate’s application
- Academic knowledge and career goals
- Closing and candidate questions to the committee
Candidates invited for the interview are to bring all the documents and certificates of the latest education they have completed to the interview.
Important Tips for 2022/2023Türkiye Scholarships for International Students
Many programs in Turkish universities are in Turkish language. Similarly, some departments and universities may offer programs in English and other languages.
Candidates who wish to study in such programs must be able to provide an internationally accepted language proficiency certificate. (TOEFL or other equivalent certifications if university officially stated acceptable).
Most of these programs require international admission test results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.). Equally, candidates can check the language of instruction while choosing programs in the application system.
Consequently, undergraduate candidates who possess International qualifications such as SAT or GCSE instead of national exam scores, will need to provide the minimum required qualifications needed for completing secondary school according to these international exams.
All Türkiye Scholarships awardees who do not possess C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are into English or other language medium programs) must attend 1-year Turkish Language Course and attain the C1 Level Certificate by the end of their academic year.
For candidates that want to relocate to Singapore, you can check out SINGA Fully Funded Singapore International Graduate Award. Click here to apply
Source: Türkiye Scholarships (Visit to Apply)